“Today you are you! That is truer than true!
There is no one alive who is you-er than you!”

Dr. Seuss

Friday

RELAX! GOOD ENOUGH IS GOOD ENOUGH!



Moms often try to be too much, too good, too perfect, all the time!
My life as a mom changed when I read "The Blessing of a Skinned Knee" and read a little phrase that forever stuck to me. I don't remember it exactly, but the way I memorized was that good enough is good enough. For a perfectionist and overachiever like me I need to remind myself constantly! My kids don't get to pre school on time everyday, they don't look awesome everyday and dinner doesn't taste delicious everyday... they don't eat a vegetable, a fruit, a carb, a healthy fat and a lean protein in every meal... I still try my best! But I do not stress as much now as I used to. I yell less if we are 10 or 15 minutes late. We are NOT perfect, but we ARE good enough!
Why is the picture above so beautiful? Well, while I am biased to talk about the model, my daughter, I know the beauty in this photo comes from her hair! Its not perfect, it's messy! but it's real! Real people are not perfect! And if her hair was beautifully arranged for the shot, it would not come out as good!
So...Relax! Be good enough! And be happy!

This article was originally posted on http://arttipsandthoughts.blogspot.com
Any reproduction on any other site is prohibited and a violation of copyright laws.

No comments:

Post a Comment